When it comes to keeping your kids' teeth clean, it doesn't have to be like pulling teeth-- though it can certainly end that way if their teeth begin to decay at an unstoppable rate. But how can you teach them the importance of brushing (and flossing!) their teeth daily in a fun, exciting way that gets them as hooked to the dental routine as they should be?
At Dr. James M. Maragos, D.D.S., you'll find the tools you need to incorporate into your child's everyday dental routine, as the family dentists on site make it their goal to steer your child or children in the way of proper dental health! Dr. Maragos has years of knowledge and experience and loves to educate about the proper way to take care of your mouth.
Take a look below at some helpful suggestions for building up your kids' understanding about achieving healthier teeth, better breath, fewer cavities, and a lower risk for needing painful reconstructive dental procedures later:
- Using fluoride toothpaste is most effective.
- A pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for kids between three and six years of age is the perfect amount (but a bit more is necessary after that)
- Spitting out the toothpaste once tooth-brushing is finished is important, as swallowing it can lead to irritable or sore throats from the bacteria that was collected from their mouths.
- Teach them to move the brush gently from one side of their teeth to the next using small circular motions.
- Show them the importance of brushing their tongue, too, as it helps their breath remain fresh during the school day.
For more information on how you can get your kids motivated to brush their teeth, check out http://2min2x.org/ for fun, dental-approved activities or give one of the dental experts at Dr. Maragos' office a call today at (708) 352-7358 and see why dental perfection can start early right here in LaGrange, IL!