Tooth-Colored Fillings Restore Your Smile
Need a dental filling? You're not alone. Most people need a dental filling at some point in their lives. Tooth-colored fillings are used to restore decayed or damaged teeth. Dr. James Maragos in LaGrange, IL offers a complete range of dental services. Read on to find out how tooth-colored fillings can restore your smile.
1. Improve Your Smile- Tooth-colored fillings can improve the appearance of your smile. Amalgam dental fillings are less popular than tooth-colored fillings because of their silvery appearance. Once your dentist completes your tooth-colored filling, it will look natural and won't be noticeable when you speak.
2. Restore Decayed Teeth- Dental cavities, also called tooth decay, are holes in the teeth. Causes of dental cavities include drinking sugary beverages, frequent snacking, and poor oral hygiene. Untreated dental cavities can cause infection, tooth pain and tooth loss. Tooth-colored fillings are routinely used to repair teeth that have cavities.
3. Repair Fractured Teeth- Breaking a tooth is a common phenomenon. A sports injury, accident, or chewing something hard can cause a tooth to chip or crack. Tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth. A tooth-colored filling will make your broken tooth look whole and healthy again.
4. Fix Worn-Down Teeth- Some of the factors that can lead to worn-down teeth are eating foods that have a high acid content, tooth grinding, and brushing aggressively. Tooth-colored fillings are used to fix worn-down teeth. Tooth-colored fillings essentially replace tooth enamel.
5. Restore Function of Teeth- Tooth-colored dental fillings can be used on either your front or back teeth. Tooth-colored fillings are incredibly strong and they will restore full function of your weakened or damaged teeth. Tooth-colored dental fillings are strong enough to withstand normal biting and chewing forces.
If you need a filling, why wait? We can help you today. Call Dr. James Maragos at 708-352-7358 today to schedule a dental appointment in LaGrange, IL. We want all of our patients to have strong, healthy smiles that look great, too.