What tooth replacement best restores your smile? It's the dental implant. Placed by Dr. James Maragos in his LaGrange, IL, office, dental implants bring back what accident, decay, infection and gum disease take. Learn all about the unique benefits of these outstanding prosthetics.
What is a dental implant?
Used for decades, dental implants replace missing teeth from root to crown. The implant device, made from biocompatible titanium, is screw-like in shape and rough in texture. This design optimizes a natural bonding process called osseointegration in which the jaw bone and implant bond together.
The result is an artificial tooth root that withstands the forces of biting and chewing and actually maintains jaw bone size and strength. The single-tooth implant accepts a post, called an abutment, and customized porcelain crown when bonding is complete.
Better than traditional tooth replacements
Here are the benefits of dental implants:
- Natural appearance Dental implants are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Natural biting and chewing Implants do not slip or slide.
- Comfort Patients say implants act and feel like real teeth.
- Ease of oral hygiene You simply brush and floss and get semi-annual professional cleanings and check-ups.
- Improved facial appearance and self-confidence Implants prevent the premature facial sagging and wrinkling associated with tooth loss. They exercise hard and soft oral tissues just as real teeth do.
- Simple evaluation process An oral exam and three-dimensional imaging qualifies most healthy patients. You'll need enough bone in your jaw, but if it's thin, you dentist can build it up with a bone grafting procedure.
- Comfortable oral surgery Implant placement is quick and usually needs only locally-injected anesthetic.
A great smile for your unique needs and preferences
Dental implants deliver it all. In his LaGrange, IL, practice, Dr. James Maragos will explain the treatment to you and get you started on a beautiful and fully restored smile. Call the office team for your consultation appointment: (708) 352-7358.